The Petroleum Technology Development
Fund (PTDF) is a parastatal of the Ministry of Petroleum Resources
established by Decree 25 of 1973 for the purpose of developing and
promoting petroleum technology and for creating the manpower needs of
the oil and gas industry through research and training of Nigerians.
To ensure a steadfast
implementation of this mandate, PTDF is inviting applications from
suitably qualified candidates for Overseas and in-Country MSc and PhD
Scholarships. Awards will be granted for studies in the 2016/2017
academic session in the United Kingdom Germany, Australia, USA and
France (Grenoble INP) as well as PTDF upgraded Universities in Nigeria.
Application Forms can be accessed
online at www.ptdf.cinfores.com using an ATM (Interswitch, Master Card
& Visa card) or through purchase of a scratch card from designated
main branches of First Bank of Nigeria Plc in all the 36 States and
FCT, upon payment of a NON-REFUNDABLE sum of N1,000 (One Thousand Naira
Only). Instructions on how to access the form online is clearly stated
on the backside of the cards.
Applicants may please note that only those who meet
the requirements below shall be shortlisted and invited for a Computer
Based Aptitude Test, in the case of MSc applicants, while oral interview
will be conducted for PhD applicants (full time and Split-site) on
dates to be announced later. Following the aptitude tests and interview,
successful candidates will be selected and awarded the PTDF
CRITERIAPLEASE NOTE THAT THE POSSESSION OF A VALID UNIVERSITY ADMISSION LETTER IS COMPULSORY FOR LSS AND ALL MSC AND PHD APPLICANTS.
THE LOCAL SCHOLARSHIP SCHEME (LSS)
- A minimum of Second Class Upper (2.1) in an Oil and Gas related field OR a 2.2 with oil and gas industry experience.
- National Youth Service (NYSC) certificate.
- Applicants must be computer literate.
- Possession of O/level with Credit in English Language; At least C6 in WAEC/SSCE or C4 and above in NECO.
- Applicants must not be above 30 years of age.
THE OVERSEES SCHOLARSHIP SCHEME (OSS)
Applicants for OSS must be in possession of the following:
- Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) (USA).
- G.R.E (Graduate Record Examination) (USA).
- GMAT - for Management related courses (USA).
- International English Language Testing System (IELTS) (UK).
- Applicants must be in the academics in Nigerian Institutions, teaching an oil and gas related discipline.
- Applicants must possess minimum of 2.2 in their first degree and a good second degree certificate.
- Applicants must submit a research proposal relevant to the oil and gas industry (of not more than 5 pages) to include: Topic, Introduction, Objective, Methodology and Mode of Data Collection.
- Applicants must include a valid admission letter.
- Applicants must not be over 40 years of age.
- Applicants must include their masters degree project.
DOCUMENTS TO SCAN AND ATTACH TO THE APPLICATION FORM
Applicants are advised to scan copies of the following documents and attach to their online application forms:
- First Degree Certificate or Statement of Result.
- NYSC discharge certificate.
- WAEC/GCE/SSCE/NECO Results or provide PIN numbers on the application forms to enable PTDF view the results on the relevant website.
- Recent Passport Photograph.
- Local Government Identification Letter.
- Master’s Degree Certificate (PhD Applicants only).
- Admission Letter (PhD Applicants).
- Birth Certificate.